Hello everyone, hope you are all having a great monday so far. Wishing you all a great start to your week.
This post is dedicated to create awareness on World Oral Health Day which is celebrated every year today.
What is the purpose of WOHD?
- to create awareness on the prevention and control of oral diseases.
- spread the message about the importance of good oral hygiene routines in children and adults.
- promote the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle.
Each year there is a different theme, and this years theme is ‘live mouth smart’.
Here are some resources that can help you understand why it is so important to maintain a good oral health. Click the links below.
Why is it celebrated on the 2oth of march? Well there is a very good reason for it:
- Seniors must have a total of 2o natural teeth at the end of their life to be considered healthy.
- Children should have 20 baby teeth.
- Healthy adults must have a total of 32 teeth and 0 dental caries.
- Expressed in a numerical basis this can be translated as 3/20, therefore March 2oth.
Hope you can find this post useful!
Get brushing those pearly whites, floss and visit your Dentist twice a year.